Old 16-11-2003, 01:26 PM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default Planting density & driftwood, lighting (Newbie)

"JHudson" wrote in message

And finally, is there a website or someone who could explain the

difference
in bulbs/lighting numbers in laymans terms. (I'm just wondering about

normal
fluorescent bulbs). I was looking at big al's online and there is a lot

pick from and I have no idea what the difference is between a lot of these
bulbs.

If you're planning a low maintenance and low light solution then a basic
full-spectrum bulb is all that's needed. So forget all the expensive
PowerGlo or LifeGlo bulbs and go to your local hardware store and pickup a
sunlight bulb for a few bucks

Anything else will just lead to algae problems.

Dave M. Picklyk

www.picklyk.com/aquascape