Old 16-11-2003, 03:22 PM
dommy dommy is offline
Registered User

Location: London
Default HELP - TREE Identification

Hello all need some help from the gang,

There is a missive tree in a field behind my garden. It drops shed loads of leaves which I use to make beautiful leave mould from.

However its been there for years and I still dont know what its called.

It is fairly high and wide. Currently no leaves but I can see these round balls hanging off the tree everywhere. The size of the balls are slightly smaller than a golf ball. They are brown now but in spring when the leaves grow they sometimes fall off and are little green balls, they arent that prickly just a bit rough. when I split them they have some fluffy stuff inside them.

The leaves are green in summer time and are about the size of my hand, which is in other word an average adult sized hand span.

Dont know what its called but has been hear for donkeys years, would appreciate it if someone could identify it for me.

Many thanks