Old 16-11-2003, 06:42 PM
Zemedelec

Default Ginger, glorious ginger

I ran into some people selling a couple of pots of the hedychium ginger they'd
relocated in their garden yesterday ("garage sale day".) My God was it a
gorgeous color: a deep, deep pink with a little orange in it--and those tall
spikes ! I THINK it's a cultivar called Walt Disney that a nursery wanted to
sell me for about $30. These people wanted $5 fo a foot-high, foot-wide
plastic pot of the stuff. I can't wait to see the plants next summer--they
were already mature, so they ought to bloom like crazy.
zemedelec