Old 17-11-2003, 08:42 PM
Rob Halgren

Default Catsetum pileatum

This species flowers, for me, while leafless. And usually flowers
with the spike going backwards into the bench materials, so that it
can't be moved for display.

When the spikes appear on mine, I take the plant inside and place in a
sunny window. That way water does not catch the spike nor the flowers.
Inside they seem to get more of a rest period, and it appears that the
ones that bloom the previous year seem to bloom once again the next
year.

Good idea... But I only have an inside... And no suitable windows.
Usually by the time I notice that it is in spike, the spikes have
already grown into some sort of unsolvable puzzle. I've been known to
climb under the stairs (I have/had/and will have again stair stepped
benches) to take a look from behind.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit