Old 17-11-2003, 10:23 PM
Chris Cochrane

Default [IBC] In need of bonsai Trees/Supplies. Where should I look?

Dave writes,
I have been looking at www.bonsaiboy.com. The site
is well laid out, and I can call someone there to help me
with specific questions I have.

I wrote Robert Baran several months ago. Bonsai Boy of NY had copied his
shortened version on the history of bonsai on a website it uses to generate
business. The webmaster also "borrowed" the links of Craig Hunt's website
(before he moved them to NBF in 1999, I think) to snare customers. In
Craig's case, there was not even credit given. Here is Bonsai Boy's other
face advertised as buying "direct from the seller" and linked to BBNY's
sales page.
http://www.buy-bonsai.com/bonsai_faq.html

Robert shared that he had never been asked for the use of his material.
Such "borrowing" without asking is exactly what we SHOULD NOT encourage, &
I'd avoid Bonsai Boy of NY (a.k.a., buy-bonsai.com) as a plague.

Best wishes,
Chris... C. Cochrane, , Richmond VA USA

++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++