Old 17-11-2003, 11:02 PM
Mike

Default (re- post )emerald green arborvitae

I don't know why, but google attached my first post (from the 12th) to
a thread from 1997. Go figuire. I reposted below. Thanks in a advance.

Original post:

I planted eleven emerald green arborvitae (evergreens) 2 months ago
and used pure peat moss (along with some dog turds) as backfill for
the rootball. They're each about two feet tall. I have kept up on
keeping them watered, they are watered at least six days a week. I
live in Pittsburgh.

My question: I have two seventy pound dogs, and have taken the habit
of tossing their poop at the mounds around the rootballs. Is this a
bad idea? I would expect it to fertilize them, but can it fertilize
them too much? Each tree is getting about three turds a week at this
rate.

I'm sorry if this seems like a silly question, but their urine
(females) kills my grass, so I was worried about the same effect on my
new trees.

Any helpful hint would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike