Old 05-02-2003, 07:58 PM
dave weil

Default Is it too soon to fertilize?

On Wed, 05 Feb 2003 19:24:25 GMT, "JimS."
wrote:

I'm in Seattle. Our nighttime lows aren't generally getting any less than
about 40, and daytime highs around 50. All my established roses are
starting to sprout bud eyes. Is it too soon to fertilize yet? I know I
don't want to fertilize the ones I just planted, but what about the ones
that have been in? Some of them didn't even really go dormant all winter?

thanks

JimS.
Seattle, Z8

I'm just guessing here, but I'd think that you're pretty close to time
to start your regime. The main thing I would ask is when is your last
frost date? I'm guessing that it's sometime in early March maybe?

The last frost is when I do my pruning and fertilizing. For me, that's
around the 10th of April.