Old 18-11-2003, 09:22 PM
GrlIntrpted

Default Catsetum pileatum

"profpam" wrote in message ...
I tend to agree with you, Rob. I, however, I have a remedy for the
following:

This species flowers, for me, while leafless. And usually flowers
with the spike going backwards into the bench materials, so that it
can't be moved for display.

When the spikes appear on mine, I take the plant inside and place in a
sunny window. That way water does not catch the spike nor the flowers.
Inside they seem to get more of a rest period, and it appears that the
ones that bloom the previous year seem to bloom once again the next
year.

I understood (probably incorrectly) that this particular species should be
split right as it goes into dormancy and the
spent p/b (the most recently flowered one) should be repotted. I can't
recall where I read that this particular orchid should not have more than 2
p/b's in total: the old one, from which a new shoot (p/s) emerges, and the
new p/b
will eventually lose it's leaves and will flower. I think that I just
figured out at which stage mine is .
Thank you all for the responses.

Mariana
The forever confused