Old 18-11-2003, 11:02 PM
Shell91

Default Dend Question

OK, do dends drop thier leaves (as in turn yellow and fall off) and then
grow new ones before blooming? Or do I panic now since the 4 I have are
loosing thier leaves? Also does anyone else have a Masdevillea? Mine lost
ll its leaves and looks pretty bad, should I do anything special like
re-pot or just leave it alone nd hope it comes back?

The fertiliser crisis seems to be over so I want to make sure the plants get
the proper care and survive the winter.

On another tangent, does anyone know anything about propogating cacti and
succulents and lithops from seed? I know these plants grow slowly, what I
don't know is will I be watching a pot of dirt sit there for several years
before I see anything? If anyone knows of a newsgroup for desert plants
please let me know. Southwestern Bell's newsgroups are less than complete.

Thanks for any and all help
Shell