Old 19-11-2003, 12:42 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] In need of bonsai Trees/Supplies. Where should I look?

Thank you everyone.

I believe that I will be a lot better buying from evergreen
gardenworks.

The website does have a lot of information.

I will probably be ordering my young trees from there. I am

going to
email him and ask if he has the extra's that I need that arn't

on the
website (drainage hole covers, soil, and seeds).

I don't know if Brent sells "bonsai notions" or not, but some of
those you can do better by locally. Soil is always a problem for
the person with just a few trees, but the thought of paying money
for "dirt" (especially shipping!) has always perplexed me. Read
the Evergreen Gardenworks article on soil and see if you can't
put a little together with stuff you have or can find nearby.
I'm sure you're not like me and have to make a couple of garbage
cans full every year.

The hole covers can be bought for 1/5 the cost of material with
the word "bonsai" attached to them. Go to a nearby craft shop
and buy a sheet of the plastic screening that is used for --
embroidery, I think. One sheet will do for a dozen pots --
forever.

For seeds, you'll have to ask Brent.

Have fun.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++