Old 19-11-2003, 01:12 AM
Shell91

Default Dend Question

"GrlIntrpted" wrote in message
t...
Hi Shell,

"Shell91" wrote in message
m...

OK, do dends drop thier leaves (as in turn yellow and fall off) and then
grow new ones before blooming?

Depends on the Dendrobium, some do others do not. Might there be a name

tag
somewhere in the pot? a photo?

The small one doesn't have a tag. The three big ones are Dendrobium Caesar
Jacque.

Also does anyone else have a Masdevillea? Mine lost
ll its leaves and looks pretty bad, should I do anything special like
re-pot or just leave it alone nd hope it comes back?

Likewise for the Masdevallia, name? is there a tag with a name on it?
I do not believe that it's a good thing for them to lose their leaves.

It's Masdevillea Kimballiana. I have a feeling I may loose this one since
I've had trouble with it since it got here.

On another tangent, does anyone know anything about propogating cacti

and
succulents and lithops from seed? I know these plants grow slowly, what

don't know is will I be watching a pot of dirt sit there for several

years
before I see anything?

Ouch...a pot a of dirt! why do I cringe when I hear that? g
It's a living world Shell, not a mere pot of dirt .

Dirt dirt dirt Or rather cactus and succulent potting medium
What can I say, how about a pot of medium with nothing visible happening

If anyone knows of a newsgroup for desert plants
please let me know. Southwestern Bell's newsgroups are less than

complete.

Don't know of any, but I would try yahoogroups.

Going to try a google search and check out yahoo as well

Good luck,
Mariana