Old 19-11-2003, 01:42 AM
Susan Jeffrey

Default Rhynchostylis gigantea and Bollea questions

Hi - I just double posted a picture of some vandas I have in bloom on
abp. Sorry about the double, I'm getting my feet wet. I have been able
to bloom just about all my orchids, but am still waiting for these two.
The Rhyncho I have had for three years with no blooms, although bought
it in bloom. The Bollea (in a shadier spot) I have had for 4 years and
it has about 8 growths. Both plants extremely healthy, good roots, etc.
I can bloom a vanda, and even Rhynchosylis coelestis. So what am I doing
wrong?? I can't bloom a catasetum either.. just nice apple green
leaves, everywhere. I do fertilize heavily. Also I can't grow phals -
recently all my 5-7 year old phals have lost their will to make new
leaves, and I'm left with pots of great looking roots. ???? Could
indirect but high intensity light be too much for some plants?
Sue, phrustrated in filly