Old 19-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Chagoi

Default Peas only diet

Hi
I seem to have a small problem, in that my pond kids only want to eat peas.
It has gone from a treat to a requirement for them.
I feed them their normal koi food (Sho Koi) and it will float on the
water for 2,3,4 days before they eat it.
Even if I skip a day or two of peas.

I brought them inside for the winter, 4 weeks ago, they are in "The
TOMB" in my basement.
(http://www.ourkoipond.com/The_Tomb3.htm)
They seem perfectly happy, their appitite (For peas only) is great, the
water quality is 99.9% perfect.
Water temp. steady 66 degs.
They even started to meet me at the entrance of the tomb.
I'm just a little concerned that they may not be getting all the
necessary nutriments they need.
They also seem to be getting a rather good supply of Caddis flys which
came in with the pump and vortex setup.

Any thoughts/comments

Chagoi

OT ... Anne Laurie did you get Mailwasher up and running?