Old 20-11-2003, 05:58 PM
Howard Schlossberg

Default Ficus Won't Stand

Thanks! I'll give this a try!

hermine stover wrote:
I have a ficus outdoors, planted about two feet from the house, and
currently standing about 12-15 feet. It has always seemed very healthy,
but a couple of weeks ago I went outside and found it leaning over, its
base slightly pulled out of the ground from the weight. I tied it
upright to the house, but the leaves are turning yellow. Another nearby
ficus is still very green. I'm in Los Angeles, so the temperatures here
have been moderate. Should I try digging a deeper hole for it, or do
you have any other suggestions?

Howard, i am not a tree expert, but in the past, when trees have done
this, they have taken a dive. call the LA ARBORETUM in Arcadia, they
exist to serve you, if you can, ask to speak to my cousin Jim Bauml,
who knows a great deal. something has foozled with the roots of your
tree, is my guess. leaning is one thing, the yellow leaves, it sounds
under attack.

hermine

Howard Schlossberg (818) 883-2846
FM Pro Solutions Los Angeles, California