Old 19-11-2003, 07:02 PM
len gardener

Default Ficus Won't Stand

i was also thinking if it is one of the more common ficus like
'benjamina' or 'elastica' then howard might want trees to fall over so
he can remove them before they establish and do his property
foundatiosn etc heaps of damage.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

http://home.dnet.aunz.com/gardnlen/
Old 20-11-2003, 07:32 AM
hermine stover

I have a ficus outdoors, planted about two feet from the house, and
currently standing about 12-15 feet. It has always seemed very healthy,
but a couple of weeks ago I went outside and found it leaning over, its
base slightly pulled out of the ground from the weight. I tied it
upright to the house, but the leaves are turning yellow. Another nearby
ficus is still very green. I'm in Los Angeles, so the temperatures here
have been moderate. Should I try digging a deeper hole for it, or do
you have any other suggestions?

Howard, i am not a tree expert, but in the past, when trees have done
this, they have taken a dive. call the LA ARBORETUM in Arcadia, they
exist to serve you, if you can, ask to speak to my cousin Jim Bauml,
who knows a great deal. something has foozled with the roots of your
tree, is my guess. leaning is one thing, the yellow leaves, it sounds
under attack.

hermine
Old 20-11-2003, 05:58 PM
Howard Schlossberg

Thanks! I'll give this a try!

hermine stover wrote:
[...]

Howard Schlossberg (818) 883-2846
FM Pro Solutions Los Angeles, California

Old 20-11-2003, 05:58 PM
Howard Schlossberg

Thanks! I'll give this a try!

hermine stover wrote:
[...]

AD: Versatile product for repairing Grape vine trellis wires, deer stand supports, fences: Jake's W C&C Fencing Supply Lawns 0 04-04-2003 08:32 PM
FS Light stand Brent Gardening 1 04-04-2003 02:44 PM
AD: Handy fencing tool for tightening/ maintaining wire fences, trellis wires, deer stand wires, et C&C Fencing Supply sci.agriculture 0 06-02-2003 01:45 AM
AD: Versatile product for tightening fences, deer stand guide wires, grape vine trellis', etc - Jak C&C Fencing Supply Lawns 0 06-02-2003 01:35 AM
Which plant can stand aphid and can grow on a balcony? Victoria Clare United Kingdom 4 22-10-2002 04:15 PM