Old 20-11-2003, 10:32 PM
Dinky

Default Driftwood question

"JHudson" wrote in message
news:hEavb.67809$1K.28916@edtnps84...
I'm in the process of planning/setting up a low-light planted aquarium.

As
I will be having Java fern and moss in the aquarium I would like to put it
on driftwood. Do I have to use real driftwood or can I use the resin
imitation stuff? I am having trouble finding a piece or two that I
like.(I'm in Canada, not as many options) If its better to use the real
stuff can I get the reasons why?
Thanks

Real wood can help buffer your PH in most cases, and gives 'raspers' like
Pl*cos something to gnaw on, making itself useful, rather than just being
'there'. Fake wood just doesn't look right to me, besides.