Old 20-11-2003, 11:12 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Has Cornus gone out of fashion?

"Philip" wrote in message
m...
I want to photograph some. I thought it would be easier that it is.

We have some just outside our school grounds in Hornsey/Crouch End,

North
London it hasn't lost all its leaves yet...I could take a photo for you

;-)

Have you tried RHS Wisley? They had some beautiful, but small, ones

there
last year.

Natalie

Thanks for the information Natalie, and thanks for the offer of a
photo. I wont take up your offer of the photo at this time. But if
you see someone creeping around the front of your school with a Camera
dont be too surpised.

It does seem that Cornus is not as widespread as I thought it would
be.

I know I am a little early for the classic stems of Cornus, but that
is he key. I need to know where some Cornus is located so I can be
ready to photograph it when the conditions suit. It no use wandering
around with my camera on a bright frosty morning looking for Cornus,
because from my reccy's I know I am unlikely to find it with out some
prior research.

Do you (or anyone) know if the RHS are OK with people photographing
their stuff.

For twenty years I lived within a few miles of Wisley. My wife and I went
there every Sunday without fail and on each occasion I took a few photos.
We have lived within striking distance of their Harlow Carr garden for the
past fourteen years, and I have done the same there whenever we visited that
garden.

Franz