Old 21-11-2003, 02:02 AM
Ray

Default Earwigs

Hard to argue with that, Sue, but there are too many potential "lesions"
associated with insect-infested plants for me to want to risk it.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Susan Jeffrey" wrote in message
Diana,
I know I'm new here, but I would like to disagree with you anyhow, in a
friendly way. I'm a virologist. It's very easy to spread diseases by
using pruners without sterilizing because you are making direct contact
with infected tissues of one plant and then direct contact with tissue
on another. While it is *possible* to transmit virus/fungi/bacteria by
using a common 2 gallon dunk, it is highly unlikely. I wouldn't advise
dunking a plant with a festering bacterial wilt, but for the most part
dunking relatively healthy plants is safe. I think there are every day
practices we all do that are much more dangerous - like crowding our
plants and touching them with our hands without washing between each

one...
Sue Jeffrey

Diana Kulaga wrote:

Matt,

Just one thing to add: it's not usually a good idea to dunk multiple

plants
in the same solution, as diseases are easily spread that way. Pour the
stuff through instead.

Diana

"Matt Bristol" wrote in message

Thanks for the tip! I reall hate seeing those nasty thing every time I
water.

-Matt