Old 21-11-2003, 09:22 PM
Dan Drake

Default CO2 vs air

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:37:03 UTC, (Acgelok) wrote:

Hi y'all, can any-one on this forum tell me witch is heavier D.I.Y. CO2 or
atmospheric air (air we breathe)? It has to do with an air-space at the top of
my D.I.Y. CO2 setup. I dont know if I should vent it or ignore it T.I.A. to any
and all who reply P.S. this is not a trol

With thanks and Regards Art

CO2 is heavier than air. If you gently release CO2 into the bottom of a
container of air, the co@ will mostly stay on the bottom. There are caves
in volcanic areas that fill with CO2 and can be deadly, it's said.
However, a disturbance will mix the CO2 into the air. But I'm not sure
what this has to do with the air space in your DIY setup. At a guess, I'd
say the air space will make no difference.

--
Dan Drake

http://www.dandrake.com

Human rights in Cuba: 600 prisoners held 18 months and more,
without charge, without bail, without counsel, facing trial by
secret special tribunals with power to impose the death
penalty. And that's just one place. Guantanamo.