Old 22-11-2003, 02:32 PM
Robert

Default Indoor Hyacinth Problems

:: Hi,
::
:: Last year I was given 2x Hyacinth bulbs that had flowered. I have
:: re-grown them this year, but the as of yet have not flowered. Aside
:: form the large leaves that are sprouting from the top of the bulb,
:: there are also side leaves or side shoots beginning to show, say 3-4
:: cm away from the bulb.
::
:: Thaey are in a cool & bright position - I have some cyclamen nearby
:: that are thriving.
::
:: Should I cut these side shoots off, or let them grow? Or am I
:: totally wasting my time, as, perhaps, hyacinth bulbs that give off
:: side shoots will not flower?
::
:: Thanks for your advice,
::
:: James
:
: Just let them go, they won't flower like they did last year but you
: get smaller flowers. You just reminded me to check mine lol

and they are looking great. Just taken them out of the dark roof space so I
may have them in flower in time for Christmas for a change