Old 23-11-2003, 02:02 AM
Daniel Hanna

Default New photos online

In Radika wrote:
Anyway, I note that you write in your web site that Monsieur Tillier
was in full bloom in June. Your June is much like our November/
December, isn't it? So, you know the drill of roses which refuse to
sleep through winters g.

Radika, our June is your December climatically, except there's no frost
here. Monsieur Tillier paused for the first 3 weeks of August (your
February) and then the next flush was on. Quite an amazing evergreen
bush.

On the strength of that, my display bed at the front of my house is now
half tea roses. The rest are Austins and a Romantica. The only Austin
to come close to Monsieur Tillier is Heritage. The Romantica, Guy de
Maupassant, is superb.

I'm starting to come around to the belief that the French have never
really surrendered their superiority in rose breeding - they just get
forgotten a lot!