Old 23-11-2003, 08:32 AM
Mark

Default 'Eau de Lantana' was Kikuyu - EVIL!!

Interestingly............. We supplied the Wallsend Gates lantana
plants.............under protest
lol
"John Savage" wrote in message
om...
Trish Brown writes:
John Savage wrote:

I love the perfume of lantana on a baking hot mid-summer day. Flowers

or
crushed leaves, either will do. I wonder can it be bottled? I'd wear it

on
a dull wintery morning to brighten my day!

Eeuuwww! There must be some major difference between people's smelling
apparatuses, eh John?

I like the flowers best of all. Picked a few the other day to keep in my
shirt pocket, so I could take them out from time to time.

To *my* dainty little nostrils (in fact, I have a nose like a lo-oo-ong

ski
jump, but let's not go there...), lantana smells exactly like tomcat

piddle!

Ah, my second favourite! $:-((

Aside: on the heritage 'White Gates' at Wallsend, they've planted a

rambling
hedge of purple and white lantana. The colours go perfectly with the pale

I don't much like the hybrids. They have next to no perfume.

I reckon the most difficult-to-eradicate weed *I've* ever encountered has

been
Jasmine! Once it takes hold, it takes *years* before you can get rid of

it!

I tackled one that was confined to overgrowing a fence. I sprayed all the
foliage on one side with Roundup, and the kill was 100%. So satisfying to
see a hedge of brown crispy leaves replace one of green and pink! The

scent
of a jasmine hedge right outside the kitchen is too overpowering even for

me.
The trouble comes when the jasmine has been allowed to spread over the
ground, so that there are hundreds of small vines coming up everywhere.

Get
yourself a sheep, or else borrow one, they just love jasmine.