Old 23-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Trish Brown

Default 'Eau de Lantana' was Kikuyu - EVIL!!

Mark wrote:

Interestingly............. We supplied the Wallsend Gates lantana
plants.............under protest
lol

What!? What!? Who are 'we'???

And if you supplied the Wallsend Gates lantana 'under protest', what would you
have preferred to supply? It's hard to imagine anything else looking as pretty
as those colours do (remember: I'm a lantana-loather from 'way back!)

A-aa-and...

Since you're acquainted with Wallsend and environs, what do you think of the
'inspirational' street tree plantings? Are they really Magnolia grandifolia
(Bullbay Magnolia - an exotic species) and if so, *why* on earth???

And whose idea was it to remove all the wonderful Moreton Bay figs along Cowper
Street? Not a breath of a word to the public until *after* 150 years worth of
trees had come down!

'They were diseased' said the Chamber of Commerce.

I saw the felled trees before they were hauled away and they looked perfectly
fine to me!

Busting to know who 'we' are!!!! ;-D

--
Trish {|:-}