Old 23-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Dan Norgard

Default Driftwood question

I just went out to the woods an picked up some Oak root burls and Manzanita
branches. After soaking them in water for a couple weeks they pretty much
stopped giving off color although there was a little yellow for a while.
Anyway, theyhave been in the tank giving anchorage to Lacy Java Ferns and
Anubias for about 6 months with no adverse reactions.
Dan

--
100g Planted
Flourite substrate

"JHudson" wrote in message
I'm in the process of planning/setting up a low-light planted aquarium. As
I will be having Java fern and moss in the aquarium I would like to put it
on driftwood. Do I have to use real driftwood or can I use the resin
imitation stuff? I am having trouble finding a piece or two that I
like.(I'm in Canada, not as many options) If its better to use the real
stuff can I get the reasons why?
Thanks