Old 24-11-2003, 12:02 AM
blove

Default Snake in fishtank/ID?

definatly a gartersnake, must have had a heck of a meal on the swordtails.
i have a couple for pets, i feed em feederfish. its strange how he managed
to get into the tank tho.

"Bob in PA" wrote in message
Figured everyone might find this interesting, sorry for the cross
post. -

I got a frantic phone call yesterday from my girlfriend who said
something about a snake in the fishtank. After I got her to calm down,

the
story went something like this: She had gone downstairs into her
fathers fish room to feed the fish, and saw a tail sticking up from the
water. Upon further investigation, it turned out to be an 18" snake

curled
up in 55 gallon sword tail tank.
The really interesting part is this; the snake had to A) get in the
house and into the finished basement. B) climb up a table of approx. 3

feet
high. C) climb up into the 18 inch high tank. Here is a link to a

picture,
can anyone ID it for me? http://trains99.tripod.com/snake.html
I know it's not poisonous, and I'm thinking some kind garter snake?

I'm
in SE Pennsylvania.

Bob