Old 24-11-2003, 09:32 AM
EDWARD HANSON

Default D. kingianum

Hi Guys, Am new here. D.kingianum is a native Australian as you all know.
They do produce lots of keikis each year when looked after well. Let the
roots grow to about 1.1/2" long then twist/cut the keiki off & you have a
new plant. The parent will continue flowering & the keiki will take about 2
yearsto flower. Yes they do like to be crammed in a pot & you will find that
as they outgrow the pot the flowers will become more intense until they
actually over-run the pot & need re-potting. Have fun
Ted
"tbell" wrote in message
OK, just to fill the vacuum, here's a new one: My D. kingianum is
crammed very tightly in a 1 gal plastic pot, where it's been in a bark mix
for about 18 months. The majority of the new growth consists of very
vigorous keikis, many with the buds of further growth on them.
Questions: 1) Should the plant be re-potted into a larger pot? 2) Is

the
new growth from the keikis likely to bloom, or should I remove some or all
of them?

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA, USA
(To reply by e-mail, remove APPENDIX)