Old 24-11-2003, 12:42 PM
Astounded

Default Yellow silverbeet

Sounds like yellow silverbeet to me. We have the standard green plus yellow
and red silverbeet. If it is yellow silverbeet, the stems will be tinged
yellow as well.
Regards
Phil J.
"Ivan McDonagh" wrote in message
. 67...
Hi there

My silverbeet from the time it sprouted has been a very pale green - so
pale as to be almost yellow. I wonder if anyone has any ideas ? The colour
is perfectly consistent on every leaf.

Next to the silverbeet I'm growing some summer squash which are going

great
- leaves are a lovely green and the squash are properly formed and
coloured. My cucumbers, also in the same bed, are another plant that's
going well.

Close by but in a seperate bed (all beds have been treated the same -
compost dug into the perth sand!) eggplant, cabbage, capsicum and chillies
are doing well. And in yet another bed, more squash, a couple of

watermelon
and a rockmeoln all doing very nicely. Just the silverbeet!!!

Thanks very much for any advice/suggestions.

Ivan.
Remove the obvious to email me.