Old 25-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Harvey

Default Possibly NOT Kudzu!!!

In another discussion on 30 year old seeds the subject of Kudzu arose.

I *thought* Id seen lots of it; it was pointed out by a hiking friend & I
took his word for it.

But looking at the Kudzu web sites, I dont think it was Kudzu at all, the
leaf was different.

This is a thorny, wirey vine seen extensively in Virginia & West Virginia at
least. Usually under trees, climbing but fairly low & never as dense as
those pictures. But the leaves are Saggitate to Hastate/spear shaped,
margin I think entire, rather dull almost yellowish green.
That does not agree with the pictures of Kudzu!
Never seen a flower on it.

So what was it?? Maybe it is a native!

Harvey