Old 25-11-2003, 06:32 PM
Susan Erickson

Default catasetum gender

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:38:55 GMT, "K Barrett"
wrote:

IMHO the production of male/female flowers is much more complicated than
just 'light'. Marilyn Light believes production is also dependent on the
robustness of the bulb producing the flower. Now, how does one quantify

Personally, I'm too lazy to keep track and too forgetful to remember what I
learned in the first place. (Gotta get that tag system set up!) I just
accept what the plant does.

K Barrett

But doesn't good light all year make for more robust bulbs?
Isn't this an argument for growing the plant to its best or
fullest potential?
says SuE who does not grow Catasetum at all.

SuE