Old 25-11-2003, 10:22 PM
Ray

Default Here is an interesting material to put on your greenhouse

One of the problems with most aerogels is their ability to absorb pollutants
out
of the air. As all plastics are porous, it's only a matter of time until it
discolors.

Damned shame, too. I was looking for that greenhouse report, too.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
http://www.kalwall.com/about.htm

I can only suspect the cost would be prohibitive, but this stuff is
pretty impressive. An aerogel core with some sort of acrylic casing, it
allows a whole lot of light through, and somewhere it says that a 4 x
35' panel (that is feet!!) weighs only 210 pounds and has an R value of
about 20... Like building with styrofoam board that you can see
through, it seems. Can't find a price though...

They built a lot of Milwaukee's new baseball stadium out of it:
http://www.kalwall.com/15.htm

Somebody build a greenhouse out of this stuff and tell me how it works.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit