Old 25-11-2003, 11:12 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default OT but please help a fellow gardener

The message
from "Graham Dixon" drop the bomb to
reply contains these words:

I'm trying to download an update for my sygate personal firewall. When I get
to the download page, I just get a tiny square with three coloured shapes
(Square/triangle/circle) in the top left hand corner of an otherwise white
screen

At first I thought it was a sygate ploy to make me buy the 'pay for' version
but the same thing happens when I try to download the google toolbar

Any suggestions?

Have you only the one browser?

Right click on the URL in the panel at the top. The comment which
appears (may appear, depending on which browser you're using) may give
you a clue. Eg: 'Address not responding'. or, 'Cannot find page.' etc.

Are you using a proxy server? If so, can you configure your software so
you're not?

Your ISP may be having troubles, which wouldn't surprise me.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)