Old 26-11-2003, 10:42 AM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default scientific method

rjb schreef
Ha Ha! Actually I think Roadrunner crossposted his idiocy from

talk.origins where he blathers his creationist garbage constantly. I doubt
that he reads sci.bio.botany and saw Iris's post.

+ + +
Well, as far as I am concerned he is a crossposter who lives in a killfile
+ + +

Speaking of botany, I was curious as to whether mycology is considered a
subcategory of botany even though the fungi and plants are separate
kingdoms. Do university biology departments divide into zoo, bot and myc

or what? Or is it taught under microbiology even if fungi can be gigantic?

+ + +
It appears university biology departments are divided into funded and
non-funded departments. Where mycology is funded it is usually treated as a
branch of botany. As far as nomenclature is concerned fungi are dealt with
under the ICBN.
PvR