Old 26-11-2003, 12:42 PM
Reka

Default catasetum gender

"K Barrett" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:2OPwb.230063$275.865960@attbi_s53...
"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
But doesn't good light all year make for more robust bulbs?
Isn't this an argument for growing the plant to its best or
fullest potential?
says SuE who does not grow Catasetum at all.

SuE

I know. This stuff could drive you batty. More robust bulbs tend toward

the
female flower. How then does one get the male flower in nature?

Well, I would tend to say that flowers are not any different than
humans...one male can fertilize so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o many females.... ;-)

--
Reka
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

---