Old 26-11-2003, 06:12 PM
Purple Linny LeCompte

Default Christmas cactus not budding

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:58:09 GMT, Phisherman wrote:
Have more patience. Cool temps and no extra light helps.

I'd agree with that.

I had my cc outside as it's still been in the 80s recently. Then as soon as
the temp dropped several degrees, it developed buds all over - which I was
thrilled at as it was a largish cutting that was only potted a couple of
months ago! Have brought it inside as it's too cold at night now. Keeping
watering to an absolute minimum, out of draughts with access to natural
light. The longer nights seem to be doing the trick and the buds are
developing at a healthy pace. Looks like it's gonna be bright pink :-)

Um, where's that page I found that was useful... here it is;
http://www.fernlea.com/xmas/cactinfo.htm
I love this site.
--
Lynda