Old 26-11-2003, 07:02 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default Another J&P veteran (was Pure Poetry)

Shiva wrote:

Susan, you know what? The lady around the corner who uses Witherspoon (they do all her spraying,
pruning, and mulching has roses AND leaves. I think I need to know what Witherspoon is using.
Also, I had some company from out of town and took them by the Raleigh Little Theater and Rose
Garden, thinking just to show them the ampitheater, and the garden is FULL of blooming rose bushes
with roses AND foliage. Grr! What are they doing that we are not??

Full time dedication or help to take care of the roses? I know Duke
Gardens is also full of blooming roses with foliage. I wish I could
spend all my time doing that but I need my position in order to pay for
my obsessions. *grin*

BTW, when I bought my Granada from Witherspoons this past spring, I
noticed they had some Saturday classes. One of them, IIRC, was
dedicated to dealing with rose problems.

Sure you can!

I know. *grin* I have another chrysanthemum I can dig up and replace
with a rose bush. In addition, I am still seriously thinking about
SP'ing one of the legacy unknowns in the yard. It's at least three
years old and only about a foot high. Downside to SP'ing, when it
blooms, the blooms are spectacular!

Happy Thanksgiving!

You too and to everyone else here! For the first time in my life, we're
going to a restaurant for Thanksgiving this year. COnsidering what a
hectic year it's been and these past two weeks in particular, I'm
actually really looking forward to it. (I love to cook so Thanksgiving
has always been a great opportunity to play!)

Susan
shsimkoatduke(dot)edu