Old 26-11-2003, 09:03 PM
SG1

Default Yellow silverbeet

Try trace elements. Sounds like something is missing. There are dissolving
ones that might give a quick fix if it is a missing element.
Jim

Ivan McDonagh wrote in message
. 67...
"Ivan McDonagh" wrote in message
. 67...
Hi there

My silverbeet from the time it sprouted has been a very pale green -
so pale as to be almost yellow. I wonder if anyone has any ideas ?
The colour is perfectly consistent on every leaf.

"Astounded" wrote in
:

Sounds like yellow silverbeet to me. We have the standard green plus
yellow and red silverbeet. If it is yellow silverbeet, the stems will
be tinged yellow as well.
Regards
Phil J.

Thanks Phil.

The stems are white and the packet says that these seeds are Fordhook

Giant
which I believe is supposed to be a proper green colour

Any more ideas ?

Ivan.