Old 27-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Kay Easton

Default York Stone

In article m, Hazell
B writes
I bought about 8 to 9 square yards of York stone crazy paving at some
sales, all cleaned and ready to use, but as I can't really get it to
fit in with the surrounding paving am selling it. Has anyone an idea
what it's worth these days?

It's worth a lot more down south. Our towns and villages are being
stripped of all their york stone paving by thieves who ferry the stuff
down south to sell on at a high price. Recently we've lost the coping
from every stone wall in the place (including ours), the paving at the
local school, the entire church roof (tiled with stone tiles), and even
the paving surrounding the war memorial.

I'd appeal to anyone buying york stone to check very carefully that it
has come from a legitimate source.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: