Old 28-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Ivan McDonagh

Default Yellow silverbeet

"Astounded" wrote in
:

The only other reasons for yellowing of green vegies (assuming
watering is in the normal range) would be incorrect ph - however I
have grown silverbeet in a wide variety of soil types, and I have only
seen Fordhook giant leaves yellow after no water in the middle of
summer. I have had Diggers Club seeds that were incorrect in the
packet. Is there enough nitrogen in the soil?

Regards
Phil J.

Plenty of water and, gauging by the green on every other plant I'm guessing
there's plenty of nitrogen around. It's because every other plant is doing
quite well and "behaving normally" that I'm puzzled.

Oh well ... I guess I'll just have to see what happens

Ivan.