Old 28-11-2003, 04:03 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Ashes & Soot in Pond

Check your Kh & pH and treat accordingly, or report numbers here. If your
Kh is low and so is the pH, check the ammonia level also. If ammonia is
showing you don't want to up the pH till you bind the ammonia with an
ammonia-binding chemical to detox it. ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:15:08 -0800, "stricks760" wrote:

Happy TG!

I am in So. Cal. Today we have relatively strong easterly winds, blowing
ash and soot from the recent fires all over. Supposed to stay in doors
today, everything has a layer of black soot on it.

It seems to be floating on the pond surface and into the skimmer. Are their
any dangers in this? Can it hurt my fish / bacteria balance / etc?

Thanks in advance.