Old 28-11-2003, 10:23 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Sad Orchid Situation Update

Burr,

First, welcome to the group! You will find everyone quite willing to help.
I think your premise of a thread about people's mistakes has merit. A
suggestion, though. This particular thread isn't getting much attention
anymore, so why not send a new post with your query? You'll get answers!

Diana
wrote in message
Hi all. I'm new to growing orchids and enjoy reading your coments-
mostly in hopes of not repeating the same mistakes someone else has
made. I killed my first orchid by letting the water stand in the water
tray-thinking it was no different than a wild orchid's habitat. By the
time I got educated enough to see MY mistake it was too late. I
currently am nursing a two leaved seedling with no roots, yep a
survivor of ground rot. It's a real trooper-put on a tiny new leaf and
faint show of a root. Looking for the lost tag on this one, see I told
you I was new to this. If you guys want to post some of your mistakes
or "don't do this' I'll enjoy reading them-I could really use the tips,
thanks....Burr