Old 29-11-2003, 12:42 AM
Skirmishd

Default overwatered Christmas cactus

Date: 11/28/2003 4:50 PM Mountain Standard Time

Will Christmas cactus plants that have been overwatered recover?

Alan

Often, over-watering a housplant is curtains for it. Maybe if you explained
the occurance it would help. Do the plants look bad now? Are they swimming in
water? When did it happen, or were they over-watered for a long time?

I have two of these plants potted together. They might be more of the
"Thanksgiving" variety. They are in an east window against the pane. There
should be neon pink blooms in a day or so, and the salmon (on the inside) has
smaller buds. I didn't do much but neglect the plants. Whenever I first see
buds, I never ever move the plants. The soil is very dry, but I will only
water if I have to.