Old 29-11-2003, 12:22 AM

Default overwatered Christmas cactus

Will Christmas cactus plants that have been overwatered recover?

Alan

**** Please use address alanh(at)min.net to reply via e-mail. ****

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.1

Old 29-11-2003, 04:22 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Not if nobody over watered them.

It would all depend on how long the plants were overwatered and how
waterlogged the they got.

ganews.com...

Old 29-11-2003, 04:32 AM
news.verizon.net

My Christmas cactus is so neglected, in a pot too small and overwatered when
the kids feel like it. It will recover.
ganews.com...

Old 29-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

You seem so certain for someone that has not seen the plant in question.

The truth is you have no idea whether it will recover because you have no
idea how much damage has been done to the plant..

news.verizon.net wrote in message
My Christmas cactus is so neglected, in a pot too small and overwatered

when
the kids feel like it. It will recover.
ganews.com...

Old 29-11-2003, 03:03 PM
Tom Randy

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:50:11 -0500, nobody wrote:

Will Christmas cactus plants that have been overwatered recover?

Alan

What do you mean "overwatered"? What's wrong with the plant first of all?
We need more info. Are the stems rotting? Are the roots rotting?
Old 01-12-2003, 04:32 AM
Skirmishd

They were given to us by a person who admittedly didn't take good care of
them. The Christmas cactus stems are flaccid, but still green.

Alan

If these plants were given to me, I would put them in a bright window and not
water them for some time. As someone else here mentioned, you can get cuttings
from the stems and get new plants.

The neon pink blooms came into being today.

[IMG] code is On

overwatered phalenopsis: what to do? Shulamit Orchids 5 19-10-2007 11:56 PM
Overwatered orchid slanchogled Orchids 3 14-06-2004 10:06 PM
My Christmas Cactus Question Shell Gardening 8 06-04-2004 08:49 PM
overwatered Christmas cactus [email protected] Gardening 0 29-11-2003 12:19 AM
Christmas Cactus flowering failure Andy Clews United Kingdom 9 20-01-2003 12:06 PM