Old 29-11-2003, 02:22 AM
Wendy

Default Beginner's do's and don'ts

Don't bring in newly aquired plants in & mix them with your collection.
Do quarentine them in case of bugs. I do this until it's time to repot.
Don't repot at the wrong time unless it is an emergency. (eg. rotten smelly
mix)
Do stake repotted plants well, they must feel very secure.
--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply

wrote in message
So many orchid growers out there have greenhouses and several
orchids. By this time they know what to do and not to do. For
beginners it's learn by your mistakes, most times the death of the first
orchid they bought. If people post their personal experiences we
newbies will greatly appreciate it. I know now not to treat orchids
like everyday house plants, don't head right for that potting mix and
DON"T overwater. Phal's are easier to grow, Catt's take less water
cause they can store it I guess and there's something about using the
wrong fertilizer can cause an orchid to grow but not bloom. Ochid 101
now in setion-please post your do's and don'ts......Burr