Old 29-11-2003, 03:05 PM
richard.sadler

Default "Spearwell" spades

Similarly to your experience with," Spearwell", only the maker of my spade
was," Neverbend", wooden stock and with a "T" handle, purchased in 1951.
This spade is now down to 7" in depth and still useful as a skimmer. I had
been looking for a replacement for some time, and counted myself very
fortunate when I tripped over one in, " Makro". The present owner of this
brand, like yours being, " Spear and Jackson". Must be intending to take
over the World. "David Rose" wrote in
message ...
John,

Thank you for this. I must have bought one of the first in 1967, when I
first got "into gardening".

David.

[my original message deleted].