Old 29-11-2003, 04:22 PM
Pam - gardengal

Default Clethra delavayi, Viburnum x carlcephalum & Dipelta floribunda

"David J Bockman" wrote in message

I note you say you're in 9a-- all the books I've read indicate Viburnum x
carlcephalum is only good as warm as Zone 8...

Dave

Dave, IME, upper hardiness "limits" are not very meaningful. While they may
definitely have some bearing in those zones that get very hot summers with
high humidity, in more temperate zones, they just don't seem to apply. For
example I grow all manner of plants which are listed upto zone 7 and I am in
zone 8 (soon to be bumped up to 9). But then, high summer temps with high
humidity are not a concern here.

pam - gardengal