Old 29-11-2003, 06:15 PM
Shell

Default Poinsettia Question

I've found several good information sites but I did not know they were a
southern Mexico native. Thanks for the information

Shell

"Frogleg" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 13:35:21 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12-"
wrote:

Shell wrote

I have just gotten a beautiful Poinsetta. I want it to survive the
Christmas season. Has anyone managed to keep one going and how did you

do
this? I believe they are more of a succulent? I think someone said

they
were a type of Euphorbia?

That's Poinsettia.

Euphorbia pulcherrima is a shrub not a succulent.

The plant will survive and grow for years but getting it bloom again is
another story.

There are bezillions of references on the web on how to keep the
plants and force them to "rebloom" (has a lot to do with light).
Search on:

poinsettia care

However, it's rather a pain. Since lovely nursery-grown plants are
available relatively cheaply each holiday season, many believe
enjoying premium plants for a short time and then tossing them is the
better route. They are a native of southern Mexico -- that is, a
tropical plant.