Old 30-11-2003, 02:02 AM
KenCo

Default OT Conversations during Turkey Day

mad wrote:

wasn't there a book/movie called 'the mouse that roared' about a tiny
country that declared war on the u s just so they'd lose and receive foriegn
aid?
mad
--

it was made in the 60's I believe,
Peter Sellers played the lead.

They came over on the royal yacht and
landed in NY I think.

"What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork".
Pearl Bailey

From: ~ jan JJsPond.us
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 19:36:39 -0800
Subject: OT Conversations during Turkey Day

I'm sure someone can tear down this light-hearted history in a nut shell,
but.....

Interesting conversation that I could hear from the kitchen during Turkey
Day. My dad's teaches English to Agricultural Japanese students. They got
into a conversation about America always going to war. To which my dad
said, the countries we go to war with always come out ahead. We beat
Germany and now they are a rich country. We beat Japan, they became a rich
country, S.Korea, ditto and when we're done with Iraq they will become the
richest country in the middle east.

To which the Japanese student said, but what about Vietnam?

He said, We didn't win that war. ;o)~ jan
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced