Old 01-12-2003, 12:02 AM
Shell

Default winter temps

I'm in Houston and we had our first freeze warning the other night, early
for us to have a freeze. I brought all the movable plants in and made sure
everything was where it would be warm. I wouldn't mind a good hard freeze
or two to kill off all the fleas and such but I don't want all my plants to
die off either. Guess I'll be pulling out the old sheets for the winter

Shell

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I don't know where in FL you are (we are in Port St. Lucie), but I

wouldn't
worry about our current temps in the south. This isn't supposed to last
very long. Actually, here it wasn't so bad. My concern was the Vandas,

but
it didn't go under 50.

For Dends, I'd worry about protracted low temps, not a couple of hours,
unless the plant is in bud or the temps get really low. Don't expect

that,
though. Warmer weather on the way!

Diana