Old 01-12-2003, 09:22 AM
David @chaplehouse.demon.co.uk

Default OT. new antispam laws in the US

In article , Jane Ransom
writes
In article , martin
writes

(4) some innocent victim of her bounces will formally complain to her
ISP about her spamming, eventually.

How will they distinguish between a bounce and an invalid address used
initially by the spammer?
I contacted demon recently because of what people were saying on this
thread - their advice was . . . . continue bouncing.

I had a similar conversation with Demon but when I pointed out that if
the return address was invalid it would just be bounced back, their
response was "well just delete them then", I challenged them on what
they were doing to reduce/eliminate spam and it appears the answer is
absolutely nothing (unless its coming from a demon account)
--
David