Old 01-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Simon Avery

Default Book Recommendation & Advice

"John" wrote:

Hello John

J Also, I'm having trouble keeping the pump going. The filter
J clogs after about 2 hours of use, and has to be cleaned. Do
J I need to change the water in the pond, or treat the water?

Dunno - kinda hard to tell from here.

A pump clogging that fast means one of:

The water has an awful lot of crap in it.

Too much weed.

Pump too low and picking up mud from bottom. Sit on a brick or block
so it's in free water.

Pump undersized, old or just crap. Replace with pump suitable for
amount of water. (Do some calcs, how many thousand gallons do you
have?)

Pump requires pre-filter (a mesh basket the pump sits in, basically)

What is it running btw? A waterfall, fountain, a set of filters, what?

As for learning about Koi, Google is your very best friend. There are
HUNDREDS of great Koi websites out there!